by Sherry Engel
I recently read an article titled Talent Intelligence: Cut Through the Chaos. So much of this article resonated with me. As learning professionals, we have started to talk about measuring the impact of learning. However, as performance consultants, have we considered the overarching value of talent? This article discusses how to develop a strategy that answers two questions.
- What are we trying to impact and improve?
- What talent levers can be triggered to affect the desired outcome?
The article examines a Talent Intelligence Framework which when implemented helps organizations more strategically align their talent for business results.
So how does a company begin implementing this framework? The article outlines the following five steps:
- Identify client stakeholders with talent decisions to make.
- Beg, borrow, and steal people with sufficient analytic and performance consulting competencies.
- Keep HR and non-HR stakeholder’s engagement through the talent intelligence life cycle.
- Standardize metrics and analytics definitions.
- Pick the most cost-effective tools to deliver metrics and analytics to stakeholders that need them.